Thailand Laws and Policies
- BOI EV Package (Import Tax & CIT exemption and Excise Tax reduction).
- Collaboration between Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Industry to discuss with China to set appropriate Import Tax for BEV under ASEAN-China FTA.
Domestic Market Stimulation
- Set the target that 20% of government budget for vehicle fleet to be used for BEV procurement.
- Urge Airport of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT) to use more PHEV & BEV limousine.
- Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand & MoST to use BEV at EEC.
- EPPO to convert conventional taxi to BEV.
- The Fine Arts Department to use BEV at large national heritage sites
- Ministry of Energy and Ministry of Transport to plan EV charging station location.
- TISI to proceed on the National Automotive and Tire Testing Facility and prepare human resources.
- TISI to proceed on standards of EV charging system, electromagnetic compatibility, battery for EV and DC meter for billing system.
End-of-life Management for EV Battery
- Department of Industrial Works to prepare EV battery end-of-life management plan.
- Pollution Control Department to enact Acts for EV battery end-of-life management.
- Thailand Automotive Institute to proceed on productivity improvement project focusing on human development to support next-generation automobile industry.